As a writer, you may have realized at some point that your writing software is not cutting it. It might have limited functions or maybe you’re not a fan of the user interface. Whatever the reason that’s stopping you from fully loving your current software, Scrivener might just be the software to solve all your problems. Developed by Literature and Latte, Scrivener is a word-processing program that was created specifically for aspiring writers. With a long list of functions for writers to organize their thoughts and at a price of $57 CAD, Scrivener might be the future for writing software.
- Corkboard: Similar to a tab page, a corkboard is included in every document. It was created for writers to pin their thoughts and ideas while simultaneously keeping everything together in one place.
- Full-Screen: Your document can take up your whole screen, blocking any distractions that might be stopping you from achieving full productivity.
- Statistics and Targets: At the bottom of the screen, word and character count is updated constantly so you can keep track of how far you’ve come
- Spellcheck: Scrivener automatically underlines misspelt words in red for you to review and correct
- List of document choices: Blank, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Scriptwriting, Miscellaneous are all document choices writers can choose from. Each document choice is loaded in an appropriate format for review or publishing.
- Conversion: Convert your manuscript into formats like .mobi (Kindle), .epub (all other ebook readers), and .pdf.
Benefits of Using Scrivener
- Helps organize collections of works, ideas, and notes in one simple area
- Clean and simple layout
- Easily formats text
- Excellent for editing large chunks of writing such as 150,000 word novels
- Automatic backup
Cons of Using Scrivener
- Some basic tools are not included (font colour, highlighting etc.)
- No interactive guide to help users navigate
- A little bit confusing to use at first
Disclaimer: This is not a product promotion and selfpublishing.today was not paid to write this review.